Saturday, May 27, 2006

March for a grand victory

Oh my heart, take me to the zone of light-
Where there is no moan, no plight;
Where the eyes can see beyond the horizon
Of private joy and selfish pride.

Where the song of soul is freedom
Freedom from illusion and cowardice;
Where in the eternal fight of life
Virtue prevails over the vice.

A mount from where the ears can hear
The pithiest call of the suffering millions-
And the feet can run to mingle-
In the ocean of mankind, at one summon.

I need, I need the courage and the strength
Nay, Nay, I lack it no more-
For the mind is awakened and spirit imbibed,
And time is knocking at the door.

The hour of final onslaught had struck
And I am ready with sword shapened;
To cut the chains and break the walls
Ahead for a victory, tremendous and grand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Fresh and Inspiring Poem.

Jalaja

 
Follow on Buzz
stat counter